Saturday, December 5, 2009

Palestine

In my honest opinion, Palestine is a great comic that has gorgeous pen and ink work in it. What I enjoyed about it was the fact the way the artist handled the work. A lot of time especially in comics that I have read prior to this class, a pen and ink artists will go crazy with the pen and have a look that becomes very chaotic and I become stressed when looking at it. However, the ink work in Palestine has nice breaks of no ink, it's just line work with no ink, and this was so refreshing. The backgrounds in certain frames were done wonderfully. The entire book had a combination between classic pen and ink looks mixed with a slightly graphic look (not sure if that's right, but it sounds right to me). The artwork and the story were perfect for each other and neither lacked for me in anyway. This is definitely a must read and should be something that one purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment