Saturday, December 5, 2009

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

I heard some great things about this book and I really looked forward to reading. As I started reading the first issue I realized that the work had a very flat graphic type of look to it which I didnt mind and slightly enjoyed. Thats where the enjoyment ended though. I felt the text boxes when they were used were not very good because of the amount of text that was used sometimes was over done and it made me claustrophobic. I felt that the whole idea of someone asking him something, saying something or doing something harmless around him and then he would go crazy was kind of childish and I might have enjoyed it more in middle school but as of now i didn't care for it. The long monologues about murder I could have also lived without.

Honestly, Im glad I have read this because now I can stay as far away as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment