Saturday, December 5, 2009

Arkham Asylam

I was very excited to read Arkham Asylum as I had never read many Batman comics when I was younger and as I have gotten older I wished that I did (I was always a dedicated Superman reader). In m opinion, Arkham Asylum starts off as your typical superhero comic. By this I mean there is some kind of trouble and Batman is called to save the day. Honestly I thought the story was pretty straight forward but I did enjoy it.


The artwork was pretty good very creepy looking and beautifully rendered, which I felt was appropriate when dealing with the subject matter. However, I did not feel as if both the story and the artwork worked well together. The artwork felt very over powering and it was all I wanted to look at. The work I would stare at first for at least 10 minutes per page and then I would have to pull myself away to read the story. This became disappointing as I feel that the story should have pulled me over the art work and I don't know if I should tip my hat to the artist for pulling me into his work so deep or turn my back to him for being to distracting.


As a whole though I did enjoy Arkham Asylum and was glad that I was finally able to read it and look forward to reading more Batman stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment